No products in the cart.
Feast of Trumpets- Yom Teruah
Yom Teruah- Feast of Trumpets, Day of the Awakening Blast, Feast of the Watchmen
What do the Scriptures say about it?
Lev 23:23 And Yahweh spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
Lev 23:25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto Yahweh.
When is it?
Lev 23:24 … “In the seventh month, in the first day of the month…”
What are we commanded to do?
1. Keep it Holy as a regular Sabbath, doing no servile work or the things associated with the seventh day Sabbath.
2. Keep it at its time and season on the first day of the seventh month which is determined by the sighting of the New Moon (Rosh Chodesh).
3. 3. Have a holy convocation. This is a calling of the assembly or community of like-minded believers to assemble together and celebrate this memorial of blowing trumpets. If no one is able to convocate then call together your own family or travel to where another group of believers are assembling and keeping this day Holy.
4. Make a memorial of blowing trumpets- The Hebrew word for memorial is “zikrown” which means a reminder or remembrance. The act of blowing trumpets is to be a reminder or a calling to remembrance. What are we to remember? We are instructed to remember the different sounds of the trumpets and shofar so that we will know what to do when the commander of the heavenly host gives his marching instructions. There are two different instruments represented in the Feast of Trumpets: a) the silver trumpets Num.10 b) the shofar or ram’s horn. We can see the two instruments in Psalm 98:6 “With trumpets (silver trumpets) and sound of cornet (Shofar) make a joyful noise before Yahweh, the King.”
Yom Teruah is significant of many things:
1. The day of the return of our Messiah Yeshua as Messiah Ben David and the resurrection of those in Messiah who are sleeping in the ground and those that remain as the Bride of the Messiah.
2. The call to assemble the elect unto the Day of Redemption / Yom Kippur or Day of Atonement when the elect are judged according to their works and the Atoning blood of the Messiah is applied and the elect are sealed and immortality is put on, life everlasting.
3. The warning blast is sounded and the enemies of Yahweh are scattered in fear because the King (Melek) of Righteousness has come to punish the wicked nations that have forsaken Him, His Torah (Law/instructions) and persecuted His people.
1 Thess. 4:16-17 “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Messiah shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
Matt 24:30 “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”
Rev. 6:14-16 “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:”
Num. 10:2 “Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. (3) And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. (4) And if they blow but with one trumpet, then the princes, which are heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves unto thee. (5) When ye blow an alarm, then the camps that lie on the east parts shall go forward. (6) When ye blow an alarm the second time, then the camps that lie on the south side shall take their journey: they shall blow an alarm for their journeys. (7) But when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not sound an alarm. (9) And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before Yahweh your Elohim, and ye shall be saved from your enemies. (10) Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months (Rosh Chodesh), ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your Elohim: I am Yahweh your Elohim.”
Matt. 24:36 “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
Mar. 13:32 “But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”
Luke 12:40 “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”
Now we can see the full prophetic picture as to what is going to happen by keeping the Feast of Trumpets in its proper time and season. Yom Teruah is on the Rosh Chodesh or head of the month, which happens to be the first day of the seventh month according to Leviticus 23:24. Just like the Israelites in Numbers chapter 10 the dead in Messiah will rise first (the princes/those on the east side) ready to assemble at the door of the Tabernacle (the Messiah) and then those that remain (those on the south side) will assemble in like manner. Then those enemies of the people of Yahweh will hear the sound of the alarm and they will scatter in fear, praying that the rocks will fall on them as the Lamb of God rends the heavens in great judgment.
There will be those that are considered servants that will not be watching and ready for the Master’s return. Who are these servants?
Luke 12:45 “But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens (exact usury and unnecessary burdens on one another), and to eat and drink, and to be drunken (be full of the world and it’s systems);
Luke 12:46 “The lord of that servant (the Messiah) will come in a day when he looketh not for him (they will not be looking for the new moon), and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luke 12:47 “And that servant (those that reject Torah), which knew his lord’s will (were exposed to the truth), and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will (did not keep Torah), shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luke 12:48 “But he that knew not (sins of ignorance in Torah), and did commit things worthy of stripes (those that were not exposed to the truth), shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required (Matt. 5:19): and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”
Let us be the servants whom (when the Messiah comes again) will be found watching and ready, faithful and obedient servants of the Master.
Luke 12:42 “And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?”
Luke 12:43 “Blessed is that servant (Torah obedient), whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.”
Luke 12:44 “Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.”